<bron160.htm> [Bronze Age Text]
(CLICK to Enlarge)
Symbols of the wool industry in Nevada, at site #Cl-5, Lost City, southern Nevada, discovered by Professor Julian Steward in 1929, on the east bank of the Muddy River. Here a spun woolen thread loops about a bighorn sheep and then coils to form the ogam letters that spell "wool."
The letters UI-L-Ñ = Gaelic olann, Old Irish oland, Old Welsh gulan, = "wool."
The site has numerous petroglyphs depicting sheep and shepherds and other aspects of the wood trade. On the right is the hieroglyph cas, a foot, that is always found associated with inscriptions relating to spinning wool, because cas is also the verb "to spin" in Gaelic.
[Also see Petroglyph list]