Moral Behavior of Ethicists
Eric Schwitzgebel and Joshua Rust
Powerpoint presentation for Australasian Association of Philosophy, June 2009.
ethicists behave morally any better than non-ethicists? We examined
- peer opinion reports of ethicists' behavior
- rates at which ethics books are missing from academic libraries, compared
to other philosophy books
- rates at which ethicists (including political philosophers) vote, compared
to other professors
- responsiveness to undergraduate email, compared to other professors
- self-reported charitable donation rates, compared to other professors
- self-reported vegetarianism, compared to other professors
view the presentation, click here.
Return to Eric